Am I eligible for Tier 1

Hi
I work as a data scientist in a IT consulting company in London. do Tech Nation prefers data scientist working in IT consulting? I have more than 10 years of experience and is in UK since last two years on ICT T2 visa.
Do you feel that I stand a chance if I apply for Tier 1 visa?

Hi Sray,
Thank you for your question.
I got the same questions regularly since many people are in very similar situations. They work in digital technologies and have experience of 5, 10 or even 15 years but still struggle to understand are they eligible or not.
Briefly, yes, you are eligible since people who are holders of Tier 2 General can switch to Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa. In our Community we have plenty of examples.
And also you are eligible due to your work in data science which is one of the most interesting areas of IT now.
At the same time, you must consider Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa not as a substitution to your visa. To be a holder of this unique visa, you must generate some extra-benefits for the UK tech ecosystem, not just routine job and payment of taxes and NI contributions.
That is why, before you will apply for this visa, think what out-of-box activity in your professional life may create this positive change of the whole industry.
Also, I am blogging about Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa and have already answered on similar questions in the past. Perhaps, these answers will be relevant for you too:

1. Switch to Tier 1 ET Visa from Tier 2
  2. Exceptional Promise with 10+ years of tech
  3. Age Limit and Educational Background

Sincerely,
Andrii Seleznov

Hi, I am working as a Technical/Solution Architect for a IT consulting company, working in UK for the last four years ( under Tier 2 ICT visa) and has overall 21 years of experience in IT in Telecom domain. I am just wondering to know if am eligible to apply for this visa or not.

Hi Vijaya,
The answer to your question is pretty much the same, as I have provided to Sray.

So, please, read it carefully and apply to your status & experience.
The links, which I have provided, are also completely relevant for you.

And if you will still have any specific questions about your application - let me know.

Sincerely,
Andrii Seleznov

Hi I am working as a Sap Fico and S/4 Hana consulting since 11 years. I worked in UK for 1 and half years through tier 2 ICT now back in India, working for Tata consultancy services.

I would like to know if I am eligible to apply for Tier 1 exceptionally talent visa. Also request to please let me know what is the process for it.

Regards
Sreekanth