Changes in recommendation letters

Hi! I’ve been reading this forum for a while but never made any question. Now it’s time aja.
I downloaded the Tech Nation guide again and I saw that instead of 2 recommendation letters now they ask for 3. Is this correct?

Regarding this, I have an e-learning platform for home school kids and everything is accredited by an American school based in Colorado. It is an online school. I am the Spanish assessor of this School.

So do you think the owner of this school is a suitable example for a recommendation letter?

Thanks a lot!

Yes that’s correct . These are new changes from oct 2019

Thanks for the quick response, Pawan!

Hi Paula,

Thanks for your question (and, by the way, for your comment on my website too :)).

As you have correctly found - now an applicant for a Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa needs three Letters of Recommendation.

And regarding the question about the eligibility of an owner of this school as a person who will provide one of these letters - it depends on his personality.
If this person is a tech guy who is involved in the tech ecosystem of Colorado or the USA, it may work. However, if this person is focused only on education as the core business of his school - his letter may not have the appropriate weight. Hence, you can have this letter as one of the supporting documents but it will be quite risky to offer it as one of the three letters of recommendation.
If you will have any clarification - I will be glad to discuss them via email.

Sincerely,
Andrii Seleznov

Thanks a lot, Andreii. I will be sending you an email if that’s ok. I was reading a lot and now I’m decided to apply but I want to be sure to do it properly.

Paula, thanks for your comment here and mail, I got it end even have replied :).

It is the right decision to try your level of competence and professional expertise via application for Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa.
Personal challenge. And the win is life-changing.

Good luck with this!

1 Like