Endorsement validity with covid-19

I received my endorsement in the first week of March and immediately applied for Stage 2 and booked a visa appointment with TLS. Unfortunately all appointments where I live have been cancelled until further notice, so it is possible I won’t be able to have it within the three months validity of my endorsement.

Has anyone heard anything about an exception being made due to the current circumstances?

So far, I see no updates on the Tech Nation website.
I would suggest contacting Tech Nation team to find out what is their stance on endorsements validity under the current situation.
As soon as you get their response, you can share it here.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Yury

Thanks Yury. Do you know any way of contacting TechNation?

I reached out to the gov.uk Stage 1 people but they said to call the general Visa/Covid hotline but I never managed to get through to anyone…

You can do it from the contact page here:

I would suggest using the following email address for general inquiries: info@technation.io

Regards,
Yury

There is some guidance on this page: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-uk-visa-applicants-and-temporary-uk-residents

If you are applying for a Global Talent, Start-up or Innovator visa
If your endorsement from an endorsing body has expired because you have not been able to travel to the UK you may still be eligible for a visa. You should make your application as planned and we will consider all applications on a case by case basis.

Hi,
I think you are doing all right and the next step you need to do - contact Home Office directly regarding your case. I think the right address is CIH@homeoffice.gov.uk

I wrote about this topic in one of my latest posts, since also got tons of questions via messenger and email.

Sincerely,
Andrii Seleznov