In-country switch possible from Tier-4 Student Visa to Global Talent Visa?

Hi,

I am a Tier-4 student and my current visa expires on 31st May 2020 (after the last extension due to COVID19).

I have applied for the Global talent visa and am expecting a revert before 31st May.

In normal circumstances, I would have to apply for Stage-2 / switch from my home country. But I am unable to travel due to COVID 19.

My understanding is that due to COVID 19 the government is allowing the switch from UK. The extract from www.gov.uk website is as follows :

“ You can apply from the UK to switch to a long-term UK visa until 31 May 2020 if your leave expires between 24 January 2020 and 31 May 2020. This includes applications where you would usually need to apply for a visa from your home country.”

So, I have 2 questions:

1. Does anyone know the NEXT STEPS if I get a successful endorsement? How should I apply from the UK given that I am on Tier-4 considering the current circumstances? I am not able to find the details of the procedure.
  2. If I am endorsed for exceptional talent visa, how long before my dependent partner and kid can apply for ILR. Is it 3 years or 5 years?

Would appreciate if anyone has switched recently or know about it, please advise.

Thanks & Regards,

HNC

@HNC Ans 1. If you get endorsed, you apply stage 2 from here. No questions asked as HO already made that acceptable.
Ans 2. Regardless of main applicant’s ILR period, dependent has to spend 5 years.