Police registration


Dear Team,

Am I right that I should register in police on arrival to UK (The first trip to collect my BRP and go out from UK) ? Need to give them my UK address with evidence.
I’m not planning immediately to rent a flat there. Please advise what I should do in this case.


One of the readers in my Blog has already asked me about very similar question.
Perhaps, it will be useful for you too.

Andrii Seleznov


Hey Mike,

Regardless of whether you have a permanent address or only an Airbnb address, you have to come to the Overseas Visitors Records Office (OVRO) https://www.gov.uk/register-with-the-police/where-to-register and provide them with your permanent/temporary address.
But keep in mind that they are under a lot of pressure right now. They will most likely give you a piece of paper telling you that you have arrived there as needed, but you will have to come back in January or February 2020. Even so, you should be there in 7 days.


Thank you Ivan, do I need to provide any evidence to them? F.e. Hotel/airbnb booking? Is it ok if there will some like 10 days booking in Airbnb?


Actually I do not know because when I got there they gave me this piece of paper with an appointment in Jan 2020.