Recommendation letter and Company registration query

Hello, i have couple of questions :

1. My last contract was finished in January 2019 in one of multinational in UK. In that time i have taken recommendation letter from my Departmental Head for Tech nation visa purpose. Can i use that letter now ? It will be time consuming to get a new one ? Please suggest.

2. I have at online platform ready to launch. Now If i register company in UK and launch the platform and then after that i apply for tech nation ? Is there any problem ? Is there any restriction that person can not have UK registered company shareholder for exceptional talent visa?

Thanks a lot
Reza

1 Like

Hi @Md_Rezaur_Rahman,

1. Yes, you can use this letter. Even if you are not working on this company now, this letter is still fine within the next nine months.

2. No problems in simultaneous launch of the platform, registration of a company and application for the visa. There are no legal restrictions for this if you are a non-UK citizen who lives abroad. Visa does not imply any restrictions too.

If you are already in the UK - there are a couple of restrictions, so write to me your details if this situation is relevant for you and I will share my knowledge.

Sincerely,
Andrii Seleznov

Dear Andri,

Thank you so much for the suggestion.

Yes I am currently in Tier 4 dependent visa, my wife is doing masters. I have 15 years experience as a telecom expat in APAC, Middle east and in UK.

My contract in UK with BT finished on Jan 2019 and I took the recommendation letter in that time which is 1 year 3 month older. Can I still use that?

Please also let me know what are the 2 restriction for me as I am in UK.

Here is my LinkedIn profile to understand more about my profile

https://www.linkedin.com/in/rezaurbd/

If you can guide me the application process also let me know.

Thanks a lot

Reza

Hi @Andrii_Seleznov ,
Thank you for the nice reply. My question here is this, if there are no restrictions to the company registration from abroad, do you think it will be wise if the company is mention in the personal statement or if it will be wise to add documents to prove that you own the establishment?

Hi @Md_Rezaur_Rahman,

You can definitely attach the letter, given to you in Jan 2019, as a supporting document. But as a Letter of Recommendation, it will be weak. However, if your overall application will be strong - then this slightly “old” document will not be a problem.

Regarding restrictions, I meant if you have a Tier 2 visa it is not so easy to launch a company because of your employer’s restriction. However, it is not your case.

Regarding your profile - I had a quick look. Yes, it seems that you have a good technical background but you must also nicely show your additional activities, not just success in your job.

Regarding guidance in the application process - you can check my website and it has tons of useful tips on this point.

Hope, it will help.

Sincerely,
Andrii Seleznov

Hi @Augustine,
Thank you for your questions via email (I just have sent you a reply :email:).

Regarding the company - it depends on a number of existing words in your personal statement and number of supporting docs.

If you can mention your company - why not? And the same situation is with supporting documents - add proof if you have a room within 10 docs.

Sincerely,
Andrii Seleznov

Thank you @Andrii_Seleznov for your amazing reply.

1 Like